You are cordially invited to follow along as we create the Cupcake Diet©. We started out by discussing what has to happen for this to be a good diet.
- We want results! We do not want to diet for 3 weeks to lose 1.2 pounds or we’ll be dead before we lose enough weight for even our clothes to notice.
- We don’t want to suffer. If this diet makes us suffer, we won’t play.
- The diet must be healthy. We don’t want to hurt ourselves in the long term.
- The diet must be easy. We are too busy for complexity. It has to be easy to remember what we can eat.
- We want cupcakes! We really think this is doable.
- Protein has to be involved because we fear hypoglycemia (the soup has meat).
As we go along and fine tune how this diet works, we’ll keep you posted. Since we’ve loved the Satan Diet, we’re going to incorporate the portions of that diet that seem to spell success. Success defined as being able to lose at 3-8 pounds each week if the diet is followed.
What we’ve got so far:
Day 1 – Eat as many cupcakes as you want in addition to the food you would regularly eat. This is your early celebration for the weight you’re going to lose! Make a batch of Ultimate Soup.
Day 2 – Eat all of the fresh fruit you want with the exception of bananas. You can also have ¼ c of nuts.
Day 3 – Eat all of the fresh fruit you want until noon. No bananas. Eat only vegetables for the rest of the day. But no potatoes, peas, or corn. Eat 1 cup of Ultimate Soup as an early dinner.
Here is what we’re thinking. We tried just doing a double down of the Satan Diet but 2 days of just fruit drove us over the edge. We were grumpy and cranky and had to take angry naps just to pull it together for the evening. We went for a walk to discuss things – and we just really think 2 days of fruit fruit fruit is not realistic. It’s nice to look forward to a warm meal for dinner and the soup is mostly vegetables with a little bit of meat so it met our needs.
The tulips are all in bloom at our park – it is a wondrous place to be this time of year. We’ll try to remember to take a picture of it so you can enjoy it with us. If you try this diet out with us, let us know how you do. We really want this diet to be one that you can use!