We were a bit worried when we started the Satan Diet. We weren’t sure if we could really lose weight on it. We were both secretly worried about what we would eat on vegetable day.
What we gained:
- We gained some free time! On the day you only eat fruit there are no dishes to clean! We were pretty excited about that. We only ate raw fruit so when kitchen duty started for the day it went very quickly and we had time for a game of Parcheesi!
- A slight fondness for vegetables. We liked vegetable day better than fruit day just because it was nice to eat some warm food. But that meant dishes to clean so, really we only got a 1 day reprieve from dishes.
- New hostessing skills. We had a friend over for dinner and shamelessy served him salad. He was gracious and said the salad was a satisfying meal. We’ve never served just a salad to company before!
What we lost:
- We lost the food chart! This is a pretty easy diet to follow because you only have to remember one thing with a few extra caveats each day. For example, eat fruit but avoid bananas. When we got hungry we knew exactly what we could eat – we didn’t have to refer back to a food chart at all. Simple is nice.
- All respect for yogurt. We ate it, but we didn’t like it.
- Our confidence in our love for tomatoes. We really thought our most very favorite day would be chicken and tomato day. When we bought the tomatoes we savored that green, summery smell they emitted. But we tired of that smell by 1 p.m. The good news is we only had to deal with them for one day so it was easy to not cheat (much). We can do anything for just one day!
- Okay. Go to your kitchen and find a 5 pound bag of flour or sugar. Either one will do. Hold it a moment. Now realize that is exactly what Brooke and Sherry both lost in one week! Brooke lost 6.2 pounds to be exact (and remember, she did cheat on Easter with her candy). She looks great! Sherry lost 5.2 pounds. She feels great but has a way to go before “looks great” would be applicable. But we are both thrilled!
Diet Details: We would recommend you check your calendar before beginning this diet. Be strategic. If you have something special coming up that involves food – reschedule your diet or schedule so you can somewhat eat on that special day. For example, we didn’t do this and were chagrined to realize Easter was on chicken and vegetable day. All tradition flew out the window as we gave up dreams of leg of lamb with mint sauce and even ham. We ate chicken and vegetables. It was nice. Brooke cheated and ate a bunch of Easter candy but it did not destroy her diet. Yay!
Satan Diet: 4.7
Educational: 4 Doable: 5 Did we lose weight: 5
What’s Next? Call us crazy but we kind of liked this diet. It was relatively easy, simple to follow, and we really got results! We’re thinking we’ll use Weight Watchers Plus for the next few weeks and then hop back on the Satan Diet train for another spin around the block. Brooke is a bridesmaid in a few months and wants to look perfect in her dress. Her weight loss goal is 20 more pounds.